Alas, we are out of the era dominated by splash pages drawn by the superb Mario Capaldi. This style of cover design, featuring one or two highlight panels from strips inside, worked much better later on, once the rather staid and unexciting type and boxy layout above had been swopped for something much more dynamic.
Alas also for Lindy, which lasted a mere 20 issues or so before being merged with sister paper Jinty. “Friends of the Forest” was brought over to Jinty from Lindy as part of that merger, I believe. It featured the same unknown artist who had drawn “Merry at Misery House” in the first issues of Jinty, but who was otherwise not a regular in these pages.
Stories in this issue:
- Miss No-Name (artist Jim Baikie)
- The Jinx From St Jonah’s (artist Mario Capaldi)
- Friends of the Forest
- Fran of the Floods (artist Phil Gascoine)
- Dora Dogsbody (artist José Casanovas)
- Too Old To Cry (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Wanda Whiter Than White (artist Ana Rodrigues)
- Bound for Botany Bay (artist Roy Newby)
- Song of the Fir Tree (artist Phil Townsend)