Exceptionally at this point, they have chosen a striking single panel design for this issue. It’s only done because of a one-off competition, which is a bit of a shame as I do think this sort of cover works very well.
This issue sees the first episode of a new wish-fulfillment story, “Jackie’s Two Lives”. The tag-line at the top of the first page is “the story of a poor girl’s blind ambition to be rich”, but while that might suggest that the story is about scheming or doing others down to get your own way, it actually goes into paranoid, odd, and almost spooky territory quite soon.
Stories in this issue:
- The Jinx From St Jonah’s (artist Mario Capaldi)
- Always Together… (artist Phil Townsend)
- Wenna the Witch (artist Carlos Freixas)
- Jackie’s Two Lives (artist Ana Rodrigues)
- Merry at Misery House (writer Terence Magee)
- Dora Dogsbody (artist José Casanovas)
- Do-It-Yourself Dot (artist Rafart)
- Bird-Girl Brenda (artist Phil Gascoine)
- Left-Out Linda (artist Jim Baikie)
- The Hostess with the Mostest
- Wild Horse Summer
- Angela’s Angels (artist Leo Davy)