The striking aspect of this issue has got to be the cover artwork from “Mark of the Witch!“, which begins this week. This story shows emotional abuse happening generation after generation, though the abuse is not purely limited to being within the family: it’s perpetuated by the protagonist’s grim, tough father but also indulged in by the whole village. There is a telling panel where she avoids the father with palpable relief on her face – treading on eggshells, indeed.
Stories in this issue:
- Go On, Hate Me! (artist Keith Robson, writer Len Wenn)
- Gertie Grit, the Hateful Brit! (artist Paul White)
- Sceptre of the Toltecs (artist Emilia Prieto)
- Made-Up Mandy (artist Audrey Fawley)
- Sue’s Fantastic Fun-Bag! (artist Hugh-Thornton Jones)
- The Big Cat (artist Ana Rodriguez)
- The Mystery of Martine (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Alley Cat
- Is This Your Story?
- Mark of the Witch! (artist Phil Townsend)