- Come into My Parlour (artist Douglas Perry)
- Darling Clementine (artist Richard Neillands, writer Alison Christie)
- Two Mothers for Maggie (artist Jim Baikie)
- Guardian of White Horse Hill – final episode (artist Julian Vivas)
- Snowbound! Gypsy Rose tale (artist Keith Robson)
- Land of No Tears (artist Guy Peeters, writer Pat Mills)
- Alley Cat
- Race for a Fortune
It is the New Years issue, but not in the new year of 1978. As you can see from the date, Jinty is still on the old year of 1977.
New Year goodies include part one of a pull-out Jinty calendar, and it’s resolution time in Alley Cat. Spotty Muchloot resolves never to let Alley Cat give him the run-around again. He starts off his resolution by giving Alley Cat a bashing while wearing protective gear. But Alley Cat gets the last laugh on Spotty, as usual, and Spotty resolves never to make new year resolutions again. Sounds like a resolution that is more sensible and easier to keep!
The first (Phil Townsend) story for 1978 is Waking Nightmare. It starts in the next issue, replacing White Horse of Guardian Hill, the Jinty story to finish on the last day of 1977. But it will be a while yet before we see other new stories in 1978. The current ones are still going strong and Darling Clementine is only on its second episode.