Stories in this issue:
- Concrete Surfer (writer Pat Mills)
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow (artist Phil Townsend, writer Alison Christie)
- Knight and Day
- Alley Cat
- Clancy On Trial (artist Ron Lumsden)
- The Zodiac Prince (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Slave of the Swan (artist Guy Peeters)
- Cathy’s Casebook (artist Terry Aspin)
This issue has the penultimate episode of “Concrete Surfer”, with the dramatic skate-off between Jean and Carol. Jean’s chosen music is the Star Wars theme: ‘The music fills me with hope and determination!’.
In “Somewhere Over The Rainbow”, Dorrie and Max enjoy a fantastic time at the panto, but then tragedy strikes as their mum is killed by a car in front of their eyes. This is a tear-jerker from the beginning.
I always rather enjoyed “Cathy’s Casebook”: Cathy tries to help Joe, a patient of her dad’s, by making sure the regulars at his café don’t miss out while he’s in hospital. One regular is a grumpy ingrate, but the others are suitable happy even if Cathy finds it all rather harder work than she’d anticipated! But in the last panel it turns out that there’s been a spate of food poisoning – could she have been responsible?!