Cover artist: Mario Capaldi
- Pam of Pond Hill (artist Bob Harvey, writer Jay Over)
- Her Guardian Angel (artist Peter Wilkes)
- Snoopa (artist Joe Collins)
- The Friend from Far Beyond – Gypsy Rose story (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Tansy of Jubilee Street (artist Ken Houghton)
- Behind the Screen: The Professionals
- Angela Angel-Face (artist Rodrigo Comos)
- Gaye’s Gloomy Ghost (artist Hugh Thornton-Jones)
- Sue’s Daily Dozen (artist José Casanovas)
- Winning Ways 38: Netball
- Life’s a Ball for Nadine (artist Mario Capaldi)
- Winter Warmers (feature)
It is the issue before the 1980 Christmas issue, so this issue is gearing up for it, the New Year, and the New Year lineup. The Mario Capaldi cover is unusual; it features neither a sport during the run of sports covers or a hint of the festive season. Instead it features campers – presumably campers braving the winter chill.
Pam of Pond Hill has run into a huge problem with her Christmas party for the kids from the orphanage – Mr Gold the headmaster has banned it, thanks to larking from Fred and Terry. Pam decides to hold it in secret with the help of the school caretaker so as not to let the kids down, but fate still seems to be against her. But next week is the Christmas issue, so things have to work out, right? Well, the blurb for next week says there will be a surprise visit from Father Christmas himself!
Gabbi, the over-zealous guardian angel, finally gives things a rest at Christmas dinner. But she overdoes it and gets the hiccups, yet she still adds some angel magic to the party!
Tansy wants to send out Christmas cards, but can’t find any. Will fortune favour her at the end of her usual Jubilee Street misadventures? And Sir Roger is trying to be fairy godmother, but he has no money to buy Gaye the present on her wish list.
It’s the penultimate episode of “Angela Angel-Face“, so another story is being cleared out for the 1981 lineup. The last episode could be interesting because in this episode Angela gets kidnapped! “Sue’s Daily Dozen” looks like it is heading towards its finish as well, because the latest spell says that the Daily Dozen’s work will be done once it is carried out. As for Nadine, she looks like she is still going strong and will last well into 1981.