Stories in this issue:
- Bird-Girl Brenda (artist Phil Gascoine)
- Jackie’s Two Lives (artist Ana Rodriguez, writer Alan Davidson)
- Do-It-Yourself Dot (artist Alf Saporito)
- Merry at Misery House (writer Terence Magee)
- The Kat and Mouse Game (artist Jim Baikie)
- Prisoners of Paradise Island (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Dora Dogsbody (artist José Casanovas)
- The Jinx from St Jonah’s (artist Mike White)
- Always Together… (artist Phil Townsend, writer Alison Christie)
- Slave of the Mirror (artist Carlos Freixas)
This is the second of the two Christmas issues I got out. This one is very festive and seasonal, with a competition to find the robin printed on a number of story-pages, and Christmas story-lines in “Dora Dogsbody”, “The Jinx From St Jonah’s”, and “Always Together” (yes, the kids get their Christmas after all, once Jilly manages to sell some of her sketches and Johnny gets given food by his gypsy friends).
The only catch with all this Christmassy-ness? It came out in January, due to a few weeks “production troubles” (often a euphemism for industrial action).
I thought I would include some art from “The Kat and Mouse Game” to show that despite having felt that the earliest pages drawn by Jim Baikie on this strip were a little shaky, there was also lots of good art – and a totally unrepentant and black-hearted bully protagonist.