Stories in this issue:
- Jassy’s Wand of Power (artist Keith Robson)
- Gertie Grit, the Hateful Brit! (artist Paul White)
- Stefa’s Heart of Stone (artist Phil Townsend, writer Alison Christie)
- Rose among the Thornes (artist Jim Baikie)
- Champion in Hiding (artist Hugh Thornton-Jones)
- Alley Cat
- Sisters at War! (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Girl in a Bubble (artist Phil Gascoine, writer Pat Mills)
- The Jinx From St Jonah’s (artist Hugh Thornton-Jones) – last episode
- Daisy Drudge and Milady Maud (artist Ken Houghton)
“Jassy’s Wand of Power” is the lead story on this issue; it takes up the front cover and runs to three and a half pages, oddly enough – but then there are only 3 panels on this front cover so I guess that means it is the equivalent of about three ordinary pages. It’s nice having a page of comics on the cover, really draws you in. In this episode, Jassy is starting to raise people’s awareness of the dangerous industrial process that Sir Harmer Jeffreys has been using. They still have to manage to get further away from him without either getting caught – and at the end of the episode they have to face a hungry and thirsty lion too!
Stefa is continuing in the grip of her grief – she is cooking her own food as her dad has forbidden her mother to cook for her until she comes to her senses. There is nearly a deadly chip pan fire as a result, and it is Stefa’s classmate who saves her. No gratitude results of course as this is the classmate who has an eerie likeness to Stefa’s dead friend.
Hugh Thornton-Jones has two stories in this issue – he has taken on the art duties for “Champion in Hiding” from Mario Capaldi, and he has also drawn the last episode that Katie Jinks appears in. In this story, Katie is chasing a wee black kitten that you’d think woud be a lucky cat – but who brings disaster to all whose path she crosses! Of course in the end the little kitten is given to Katie, who is very happy to have a kitten jinx in her life.
“Girl In A Bubble” has the sinster Miss Vaal finding her experimental subject Helen out of the bubble – but escape is not possible as Helen’s friend Linda is threatened by Miss Vaal unless she returns meekly to the bubble. Of course Linda goes and tells someone in charge, but Miss Vaal has a plan to deal with that without letting Helen escape again…