- The Jinx from St. Jonah’s (artist Mike White)
- Jackie’s Two Lives (artist Ana Rodriguez, writer Alan Davidson)
- The Hostess with the Mostest
- Merry at Misery House (writer Terence Magee)
- Jinty Made it…for Christmas (feature)
- The Kat and Mouse Game (artist Jim Baikie)
- Prisoners of Paradise Island (artist Trini Tinturé)
- Dora Dogsbody (artist José Casanovas)
- Bird-Girl Brenda (artist Phil Gascoine)
- Always Together… (artist Phil Townsend)
- Slave of the Mirror (artist Carlos Freixas)
This issue has just arrived in my collection.
Kate discovers plotters aboard her dad’s ship and is out to expose them. Knowing our jinx, maybe we should pity the poor plotters. Meanwhile, another crook pulls a fast one over Mrs Siddons with a phoney ghost act. By the time she finds out, she has paid good money to him to exorcise the ghost. But given what an unsavoury character she is, Dora has more sympathy for the crook.
Jackie goes too far – she fakes her own death so she can play up to Mrs. Mandell as her daughter Isabella full-time. But she had forgotten what a hard mother Mrs. Mandell can be, and already the demands are starting. Meanwhile, Jackie’s sister Wendy is not convinced she is dead – but how can she prove it?
Two different types of punishment cells appear in this issue. For “Merry at Misery House”, it’s a week in solitary on meagre rations of bread and water, which puts her in the infirmary. And then she is very surprised to see the sadistic Warden suddenly being friendly to her! But it can’t be sincere, so what’s the Warden up to now? For Sally in “Prisoners of Paradise Island”, the punishment cell is a room filled with luxury, temptation, and gorgeous fruit to eat (far better than bread and water). But Sally is determined not to let this type of punishment room break her either.
A new threat threatens the Harveys in “Always Together” – a nosy reporter who has realised they are runaways and wants the full story! New help, Inez, arrives at the hotel, and the evil power over Mia, the “Slave of the Mirror” is forcing her to cause trouble for Inez. But Mia is soon caught out. And at least someone has caught Kat out in taking advantage of Mouse – her own mother, who stops her pocket money in punishment. But not even this causes Mouse to see through Kat.