Stories in this issue:
- The Jinx From St Jonah’s (artist Mike White)
- Jackie’s Two Lives (artist Ana Rodriguez)
- The Hostess with the Mostest (artist Stanley Houghton)
- Merry at Misery House (writer Terence Magee)
- Left-Out Linda (artist Jim Baikie)
- Wild Horse Summer
- Dora Dogsbody (artist José Casanovas)
- Always Together… (artist Phil Townsend)
- Bird-Girl Brenda (artist Phil Gascoine)
- Wenna the Witch (artist Carlos Freixas)
The surprisingly-serious Jinx story ends with a pratfall, returning to its normal style. Jealous rival Bettina has been unmasked and Katie has been crowned swimming champ – before crowning others with the cup as she falls over!
In “Left-Out Linda”, the writer ups the ante – Linda’s new stepfather is so angry with her that he slaps her, saying that’s what she would have got sooner if he’d been her father all along! Quite rightly, the mother kicks the new husband out as a result. Also understandably, the mother is pretty cut-up about her new relationship going to the dogs and is not exactly happy with Linda either. Not a bad message all round really, though as the mother and step-father do end up back together again in the end, the domestic violence message is perhaps somewhat diluted subsequently.